Saturday

Tare Zamin Par is a good movie



Finally I got to watch Tare Zamin Par ( TZP for short). It's a nice, but slow movie. sometime back, it would have been called art house film, but I think the film pundits will name it multiplex movie. The theme is problems in learning, here they have taken dyslexia. I like the way they have taken up this issue, without making it sound like a documentary. But some scenes look artificial or forcibly added. Like the one, where Ishaan is handed over the 1st prize for best painting. The over affection of Nikumbh for Ishaan is also not very convincing, though Amir has played this character in a balanced manner.
While watching the movie, I was reminded of my of my K.G. students, Ayush. He too had dyslexia. He couldn't run properly and had difficulty in participating in dance. At that stage I couldn't discover what his strengths were, but I avoided taking him in to dance or races because he felt embarrassed when he couldn't perform like others. The worst part was handling his father. He just didn't understand that his child had a problem which should be taken in to account while discussing his low grades. Later Ayush started participating in Drama and was showing signs of a future comedian. What happened to his histrionics, I don't know. As I had to leave that school under very stressful circumstances and I never looked back.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: