Tuesday

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon: A Must watch Drama

Braun Sobti aka Arnav Singh Raizada and Sanaya Irani aka Khushi Kumari Gupta are two people who have recently entered our lives. Though they are poles apart, they are thrown into collaborating with each other by the circumstances. I love how in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, the characters of Arnav and Khushi are well sketched by the script writers and and very well enacted by Barun Sobti and Sanya Irani.
It is not every day that you see continuous good performance on television. Hindi serials started to deteriorate in performance and content after Balaji telefilms and Ekta Kapoor entered the TV serial production. So it is really refreshing to see some light hearted serious romance on TV ( without any Saas-Bahu drama, though Nani ji and Maami provide a bit of that, but in lighter vein).
I have not been an avid follower of Hindi t.v.serials. But I have to watch them because my sister-in-law is a die hard fan of Saas bahu serials. While she enjoys her dinner watching
Gopi rescue Rashi ( Saath Nibhana Saathiya), I keep wondering what will Rashi plan next. I don't like scheming saas or bhabhi or bahu. Life is so full of tension, and these serials keep the audience on tenterhooks and in tesion all the time. On the other hand Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon is a refreshing entertainment. Watching Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon or IPKKND is like a watching a Mills and Boon novel onscreen. Is Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon has the same story line as the trade mark Mills and Boon. A Tall, Dark and Brooding and Rich hero and Cinderella heroin who always seems to defy whatever the hero has to say. Like the Mills and Boon characters, the hero and heroin of IKKPND are always at loggerheads with each other, can't stand each other and inadvertently fall in love with each other.

Related Posts by Categories



1 comment:

Vivacious Inspirit said...

Hey even I agree with you. I never used to watch hindi serials. I am lost in the world of hollywood... But because of my mom who recently started watching iss pyaar do dya naam do ( Without even letting me know!! ) I saw it one day and loved it..Its hilarious and romantic!!!