Friday

Another Social Site Victim

I read in newspaper today that a thirteen year old boy in Gloucester killed himself because he was being constantly bullied on his bebo homepage. What is happening in this world? This virtual world is killing our kids. A few days ago also I heard similar news. Parents should take some blame too. If a kid has strong support system in the form of family and parents, s/he can tackle not only with such virtual threats but also real ones. I also experienced a similar though mild situation at Jatland, when one of the members made offensive comments on my post. I got angry and retaliated. Then another member PMed me and advised me to let it go. He said that these virtual forums are not our life and we should not make them such an important part of our life that they start interfering with your mental peace.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: