Sunday

My Mom's New Boyfriend

Yesterday I watched this movie My Mom's New Boyfriend, starring Meg Ryan and Antonio Banderas and Tom Hank's son Colin Hanks. It is supposed to be a comedy, but it fails to induce laughter. Meg Ryan has turned old and it shows.I liked her in the first few scenes of the movie where she is a fat and bloating women. She looks so adorable. In the rest of the movie, Meg Ryan looks like a cross between Nicole Kidman and Michelle Pfifer.
Plot: Henry is an FBI agent, who loves and look after his mother to the point of playing a role of surrogate husband. Obviously he doesn't like it when he is told by FBI boss that he has to encourage her mom's new relationship with an art thief. On top of that, he has to spy on both of them.Later it turns out that the art thief is CIA operative working on a mission ( this one I knew from start, comes from experience you know).
Performance: I don't know why Antonio Banderas hasn't learnt to speak English with proper accent after so many years in Hollywood. May be he has been typecast. He is not at his charming best in My Mom's New Boyfriend. He looks tired.Colin Hanks has done his part well as an overly protective son. Meg Ryan shouldn't open her mouth so wide when she smiles, it doesn't look nice. Why did she had to diet? She was so lovely when she was healthily lean. Now all her features have sharpened and she doesn't look like the Meg Ryan we knew from You have got mail.
My verdict: A passable movie. If you want to watch it, here is the link

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: