Thursday

Ever Associated Songs with Past?

Sometimes when I hear a song played somewhere, I get nostalgic feelings related to the song. Most often the past memory associated with the song is related to a place I lived before. Sometimes a song reminds me of my state of mind at a particular time. Whenever I hear the song Awaaz do humko, hum Kho Gaye, kab neend se jage kab so gaye from the movie Dushman( starring Kajol, Jas Arora and Sanjay Dutt), I feel a jab of pain in my heart. I was passing through a low period in my life at the time when this movie was released. The song became a major hit and used to play everywhere.
Another song which reminds me of something is 'Jhoom barabar jhoom' from the movie with the same name. We were in London when Jhoom Barabar Jhoom was released. My daughter liked this song so much that I had to play it over ten times a day. Now when I get to hear this song it reminds me of London, and the house where we used to live.
The third memory is very recent. Last year when we were here in Edinburgh, Ananya's favorite cartoon was Bambi, and she watched it repeatedly. Now when she watches the cartoon movie, I feel as if I am in that same house where we lived a year ago.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: